One of the largest cruise ships in the world will be featured in a TV show
Popular from Royal Caribbean International Harmony of the Seas The cruise ship will be featured in two upcoming episodes of ‘Cruising with Susan Calman’, a popular travel show that explores first-hand experiences with the Scottish comedian and TV presenter. The episodes will explore various Mediterranean ports of call, as well as all the ship has to offer.
Harmony of the Seas on the television
Both episodes of “Cruising with Susan Calman” will air on BBC Channel 5 on Friday April 15 and Friday April 22, each at 8 p.m. Each episode lasts an hour and sets sail with Harmony of the Seas from Barcelona to several iconic European destinations including Palma de Mallorca, Rome and Naples.
“We were delighted to welcome Susan and her team aboard Harmony and give her a taste of the fun to be had with Royal Caribbean in the Mediterranean,” said Ben Bouldin, Vice President, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Royal Caribbean International. “I hope these episodes inspire new and returning guests to book a getaway with us this summer.”
Along the way, Calman will explore historic Roman sites including the famous Spanish Steps, kayak along Mallorca’s sparkling coast, and cook a traditional Napoleon pizza in the heart of Naples – all popular experiences available through Royal’s shore tours Caribbean.
Additionally, the show will also highlight the amazing features of the Oasis class ship. Whether it’s scaling one of the two 40-foot-tall rock climbing walls, catching waves on the FlowRider surf simulator, or quenching your thirst with a drink served by robots at the Bionic Bar, Calman presents his first-hand experience of a signature Royal Caribbean vacation.
Harmony of the Seas is one of the largest cruise ships in the world, weighing 226,963 gross tons and measuring 1,188 feet long and 217 feet wide. The ship has a capacity of 5,479 passengers in double occupancy and up to 6,780 passengers when fully booked.
Royal Caribbean Summer 2022 European Cruises
While the show has been filmed before and Harmony of the Seas no longer sailing the Mediterranean, Royal Caribbean International has a number of ships offering Mediterranean and European itineraries this summer.
“This summer, holidaymakers can choose from eight incredible ships sailing in Europe, including our new Oasis-class ship, Wonder of the Seas, in Barcelona,” said Bouldin.
wonder of the seas is the largest ship in the world and a sister ship to Harmony of the Seas. From May to October 2022, it will offer 7-night round-trip Mediterranean crossings from Barcelona or Rome.
Other Royal Caribbean ships based in Europe for the Summer 2022 season include:
- Anthem of the seas sailing from Southampton, offering the Norwegian Fjord, Mediterranean towns, exploring the Canaries and other itineraries
- The shine of the seas from Ravenna, Italy with 7-night Greek Islands and Greece/Croatia itineraries
- jewel of the seas based primarily in Amsterdam for Iceland, the British Isles, the Arctic Circle and other unique crossings
- Odyssey of the seas departure from Rome for cruises in the Greek islands and the Holy Land of various durations and itineraries
- Rhapsody of the Seas sailing from multiple ports of embarkation throughout the summer, and from August 18, homeport in Haifa, Israel, for the Greek Islands and Cyprus
- Vision of the seas sailing from Barcelona on a range of itineraries including the Greek Islands, Western Mediterranean and France
- sea traveler from Copenhagen and Stockholm, offering options for exploring Scandinavia Northern Europe
Meanwhile, Harmony of the Seas is sailing this summer on 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries from Port Canaveral, visiting popular tropical ports of call as well as the cruise line‘s private island destination, Perfect day at CocoCay.